14th King’s Lynn (Woottons) Scout Group take the issue of privacy very seriously and we are committed to protecting and respecting our users’ privacy. This Privacy Statement sets out our current data processing practices.
The views expressed on this website are not necessarily those of the Scout Association.
The purpose of this privacy statement is to inform you about the type of information that we 14th King’s Lynn (Woottons) Scout Group) may gather intentionally or unintentionally about you when you visit our website (www.14thkingslynn.co.uk), how we may use that information and whether we give it to anyone. It also informs you of the choices you have regarding our use of, and your ability to correct, that information. We reserve the right to change this Statement from time to time, so please check back periodically.
14th King’s Lynn (Woottons) Scout Group is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
14th King’s Lynn (Woottons) Scout Group reserves the right to change this policy from time to time, and will publish these changes on this page. You should check this page from periodically to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
The current policy is effective from January 2016.
The Information we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name, (personal or business name)
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to surveys, polls and/or offers
Users may supply other personally identifiable information (such as address or telephone numbers) for various purposes on this site. These purposes may include registering to receive e-mail newsletters, requesting further information about our Group, and/or registering to become a member. 14th King’s Lynn (Woottons) Scout Group does not collect personal information from you unless you provide it to us.
Registration / Form information
When you register or fill in an online form with www.14thkingslynn.co.uk, or our third party facility providers, 14th King’s Lynn (Woottons) Scout Group will ask for your name, email address and/or telephone number. We usually also capture your IP address at the time you register.
What we do with the data
When you supply information about yourself for a specific purpose, for example registering or making an enquiry, we use the information for that purpose only. From time to time we may also use your information to contact you for market research or to provide you with information we think would be of interest. We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about the Group which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We may share data supplied by you (or collected about you) with other parts of The Scout Association, for example at a District, County and / or National level.
Advertising and Links
Email Links and Forms
We use e-mail links and forms located on this site to allow you to contact us directly via e-mail. We use the information provided in your e-mail to respond to your questions or comments. We may also store your comments for future reference. Your personal information is never shared with third parties, unless we have sought your permission first or we have to use a third party to fully answer your enquiry.
All personal information and details held on and processed by computers situated in the United Kingdom.
We have security measures in place to protect our user database. Access to this database is restricted internally. However, it remains each the user’s responsibility:
- to keep their password secret;
- to protect against unauthorised access to your personal details;
- to log off from www.14thkingslynn.co.uk or third party providers when not using them; and
- to ensure against use by anyone else of the www.14thkingslynn.co.uk service while the user is logged on;
We embed videos from our official YouTube channel using YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode. This mode may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player, but YouTube will not store personally-identifiable cookie information for playbacks of embedded videos using the privacy-enhanced mode. To find out more please visit YouTube’s embedding videos information page.
The Data Protection act
You can obtain further information about data protection laws by visiting the Information Commissioner's website at http://ico.org.uk/for_organisations/data_protection.
www.14thkingslynn.co.uk may as part of it’s normal operation send out information emails. Users can decide to ask for these emails as they register, and indeed request to unsubscribe at any time.
If you want to contact us to raise any questions about this privacy statement, or any general matters relating to www.14thkingslynn.co.uk, you can contact us using our contact form.
Please use this form if you wish to request from us a copy of the personal data we hold about you. Please note that under English law we are entitled to charge you a fee for providing this service.
- Type of user agent (web browser) used, software manufacture and version number.
- Type of operating system
- Screen colors (color processing ability of the users screen)
- Flash version
- Screen resolution
- Network location and IP address
- Can include country, city, state, region, county, or any other geographic data.
- Bandwidth (internet connection speed)
- Time of visit
- Pages visited
- Time spent on each page of the website
- Referring site statistics
- The website (URI) the user came through in order to arrive at this website (example: clicking on a hyperlink from Yahoo.com that took the user to this website)
- Search engine query used (example: typing in a phrase into a search engine like Google, and clicking on a link from that search engine)
This data is only used to optimise our website for our visitors.
This data DOES NOT include any personalised identification information such as:
- Phone numbers
- Email addresses
- Mailing addresses
- Bank account numbers
- Credit card information
Users can prevent their data from being used by Google Analytics by visiting the following link and installing the “Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on”