14th King’s Lynn (Woottons) Scout Group (we) take the issue of privacy very seriously and we are committed to protecting and respecting our users’ privacy. This Privacy Statement sets out our current data processing practices.
The views expressed on this website are not necessarily those of the Scout Association.
The purpose of this privacy statement is to inform you about the type of information that we (14th King’s Lynn (Woottons) Scout Group) may gather intentionally or unintentionally about you when you visit our website (www.14thkingslynn.co.uk), as well as information collected as part of membership of our group, how we may use that information and whether we give it to anyone. It also informs you of the choices you have regarding our use of, and your ability to correct/remove, that information.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We reserve the right to change this policy from time to time, and will publish these changes on this page. You should check this page from periodically to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
(The previous version ran from January 2016)
The Information we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name, (personal or business name)
- Contact information including email address, phone numbers and mailing addresses
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to surveys, polls and/or offers
- Details relating to the progress of our members through the sections and training
Users may supply other personally identifiable information (such as address or telephone numbers) for various purposes on this site and offline. These purposes may include registering to receive e-mail newsletters, requesting further information about our Group, and/or registering to become a member. 14th King’s Lynn (Woottons) Scout Group does not collect personal information from you unless you provide it to us.
Registration / Form information
When you register or fill in an online form with www.14thkingslynn.co.uk, or our third party facility providers, 14th King’s Lynn (Woottons) Scout Group will ask for your name, email address and/or telephone number. We usually also capture your IP address at the time you register. Depending upon the form being completed we may ask for additional information in order to better process your request.
What we do with the data
When you supply information about yourself for a specific purpose, for example registering or making an enquiry, we use the information for that purpose only. From time to time we may also use your information to contact you for market research or to provide you with information we think would be of interest. We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about the Group which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
- We may share data supplied by you (or collected about you) with other parts of The Scout Association, for example at a District, County and / or National level.
- When a member leaves our group for another group/section we may transfer our records to the new Group/Section to allow the continuation of membership within The Scout Association.
Third Party Processors
In order to effectively provide scouting to our members is is necessary to use several "Third Party Processors". Our group executing committee checks each processors compliance with GDPR, the processors we currently use are:
- Online Scout Manager (Youth membership system)
- Compass (The Scout Association - Adult membership system)
- GSuite (Google - Emails and Document Storage)
- Mail Chimp (Email Automation Software)
- GoCardless (Payment Processor)
All data collected for the purpose of scouting will be retained for as long as an individual is a member of our group or of The Scout Association. For youth members a sub set of data will be retained until the year in which the individual turns 21 years of age, the aim being to allow verification of awards and progress.
Advertising and Links
Email Links and Forms
We use e-mail links and forms located on this site to allow you to contact us directly via e-mail. We use the information provided in your e-mail to respond to your questions or comments. We may also store your comments for future reference. Your personal information is never shared with third parties, unless we have sought your permission first or we have to use a third party to fully answer your enquiry.
Photography & Social Media
Promoting Scouting is important, as such it is in the interest of all members to advertise the Movement through the use of appropriate and positive images.
Social media is used as a means of promoting our brand and our activities. Leaders have undertaken specific training for handling these tools and guidance is available to them from The Scout Assiciation. Our Facebook Page and Twitter account allow us to quickly share news and photos that we think are appropriate to a wider audiance. As these are used a promotional tools neither is restricted or "closed" in any way.
When we are away at events, and even at our weekly meetings, a number of photos are taken, both for promotional reason as well as allowing parents/guardians to see their young people enjoying themselves. While a selection of these photos may be posted to our social media channels, the majority will be stored securely on our website in a section only visible to registered users (who will have their accounts approved by the Group's leadership team).
We will always endeavour to:
- Never publish personal details with any photo/image that is used (full name, address, email etc).
- Consider the content of all photo/image for good taste before publication.
- Only publish photo/images relating to Scouting.
- Remove any photo/image that breaches these guidelines as quickly as possible after is is brought to our attention. (Please use the contact form)
While we will endeavour to keep to the above guidelines we cannot control the legal right of third party photographers to take and publish pictures taken in a public place.
All personal information and details are held on and processed by computers situated in the European Union.
We have security measures in place to protect our user database. Access to this database is restricted internally. However, it remains each user’s responsibility:
- to keep their password secret;
- to protect against unauthorised access to your personal details;
- to log off from www.14thkingslynn.co.uk or third party providers when not using them; and
- to ensure against use by anyone else of the www.14thkingslynn.co.uk service while the user is logged on;
We embed videos from our official YouTube channel using YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode. This mode may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player, but YouTube will not store personally-identifiable cookie information for playbacks of embedded videos using the privacy-enhanced mode. To find out more please visit YouTube’s embedding videos information page.
The Data Protection Act & GDPR
You can obtain further information about data protection laws by visiting the Information Commissioner's website at http://ico.org.uk/for_organisations/data_protection.
Our group's executive committee is currently in the process of appointing a Data Controller they can be contacted via our "Contact Us" page.
www.14thkingslynn.co.uk may as part of it’s normal operation send out information emails. Users can request to unsubscribe at any time.
If you want to contact us to raise any questions about this privacy statement, or any general matters relating to www.14thkingslynn.co.uk, you can contact us using our contact form.
Please use this form if you wish to request from us a copy of the personal data we hold about you. Please note that under English law we are entitled to charge you a fee for providing this service.
- Type of user agent (web browser) used, software manufacture and version number.
- Type of operating system
- Screen colors (color processing ability of the users screen)
- Flash version
- Screen resolution
- Network location and IP address
- Can include country, city, state, region, county, or any other geographic data.
- Bandwidth (internet connection speed)
- Time of visit
- Pages visited
- Time spent on each page of the website
- Referring site statistics
- The website (URI) the user came through in order to arrive at this website (example: clicking on a hyperlink from Yahoo.com that took the user to this website)
- Search engine query used (example: typing in a phrase into a search engine like Google, and clicking on a link from that search engine)
This data is only used to optimise our website for our visitors.
This data DOES NOT include any personalised identification information such as:
- Phone numbers
- Email addresses
- Mailing addresses
- Bank account numbers
- Credit card information
Users can prevent their data from being used by Google Analytics by visiting the following link and installing the “Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on”